Points associated with using a cell phone when driving climb to 5 POINTS
The term using a “Cell Phone” when driving is expanding day to day
- Making or receiving a phone call to anyone other than the 911 operator
- TEXTING while driving
- Using GPS
- Using any other kind of electronic device while driving (Laptops/Ipads)
- Fines of up to $150 and surcharges up to $85
- 2nd OFFENSES for can earn suspension of driving privileges
- Appearances in:
- SOUTHAMPTON JUSTICE COURT
- RIVERHEAD JUSTICE COURT
- QUOGUE VILLAGE JUSTICE COURT
- WESTHAMPTON BEACH JUSTICE COURT
- EASTHAMPTON JUSTICE COURT
- SOUTHOLD JUSTICE COURT
- GREENPORT JUSTICE COURT
The Law office of Andrew J. Gilbride will use its local knowledge of the various Justice Courts and attempt to present the most credible defense possible.
Without options, we will attempt to mitigate the violation into a less severe penalty and consider alternative measures of compliance.
Remember 11 POINTS and your license may be SUSPENDED.